To submit your artwork to the Museum of Wild and Newfangled Art's This Show is Curated by a Machine, please fill out and submit this form

mowna is currently designing an artificial intelligence curator for its final show of the year "This Show is Curated by a Machine 🤖" which directly answers the Whitney Museum of American Art's curatorial question, "The Next Biennial Should Be Curated by a Machine."

The curator, an AI bot machine, will learn to curate by looking at the data set from the 2021 mowna Biennial, an exhibit of an international pool of artists selected from 44 countries gathered through a free call for submissions process that ran from January through March of 2021. The Biennial includes all forms of art made from 2019 to 2021. The machine will also learn from other data sets of recently made art.

There will also be human curators, so that a comparison can be made.

The show will be viewable at, and a detailed writeup of the process, results, and thoughts about the future of artificial intelligence related to art curation will be made available. Early questions are available here in the mowna blog: This Show is Curated by a Machine 🤖

Artists will be paid 70% of ticket and membership sales from the show, with the other 30% paying for the creation of the platform. There is no submission fee to apply, and all mediums of art are welcome. The works must have been completed after January 1, 2020. The deadline for submissions is August 20, 2021 at 12 PM ET.

one project per submission

mowna allows submissions to be anonymous
or instead of uploading we accept links to your work
This Show is Curated by a Machine terms