Museum of Wild and Newfangled Art

This Show is Curated by a Machine

Sep 23, 2021 - Jan 31, 2022

"This Show is Curated by a Machine " is the Museum of Wild and Newfangled Art's third exhibition of the 2021 year. It directly answers the Whitney Museum of American Art's curatorial question, "The Next Biennial Should Be Curated by a Machine."

The show is curated by an artificial intelligence which learned to curate by looking at artworks from the Museum of Modern Art, the Art Institute of Chicago, the 2021 Museum of Wild and Newfangled Art Biennial, and other sources.

Human curation is included so that a comparison can be made.

The artificial intelligence team is made up of IV, cari ann shim sham*, and Joey Zaza.

Initial research into artificial intelligence in art curation can be seen at our blog post.

The exhibition opened with a talk on artificial intelligence in art curation on September 23, 2021 at 2 PM ET.

Tickets last for 1 month from the first entry of the ticket code.

70% of ticket and membership sales go to the artists in the show, with the other 30% paying for the creation of the platform.

Price: sliding scale / pay what you wish


To enter, please enter a ticket or member code below:

Make sure to use capital letters and remove additional spaces when entering your code.

Best experienced on a larger screen, use Chrome for desktop.

Read more about This Show is Curated by a Machine here.

featuring work from the following artists

  • Larry Akers
  • Ben Vitrol Vautier Alvarez
  • Alessandro Amaducci
  • Jenni Belotserkovsky
  • Annie Berman
  • Maria Bilbao繚Herrera
  • Francisca Brunet
  • Higor Brunieri
  • Ritika Chowdhary
  • B矇atrice Coron
  • Nathan Crank
  • Tamir David
  • Bridget DeFranco
  • Sandrine Deumier
  • Duda
  • Christina Eagleeye-Wilson
  • ebeck
  • Duncan Figurski
  • Josephine Florens
  • Pierre Gervois
  • Amy Goldfarb
  • Dr Kim Hamilton
  • Ilona Design Art
  • Bianca Irizarry
  • Theodore Lee Jones
  • Manana Kobakhidze
  • Mathilde L璽m
  • Veronica Laminarca
  • Yuyan Li
  • Aidan Lincoln
  • Dave Lojek
  • Sakina Mandsaurwalla
  • Benna Gaean Maris
  • Stephen Mauldin
  • Anbar El Mokri
  • Liubov Nazarova
  • Leah Oates
  • Dick Onzin
  • Andre A Pace
  • Leemour Pelli
  • Cheryl Pettigrew
  • klaus pinter
  • alice prum
  • Brenda Quetzali
  • Sara True Rosenthal
  • Natalie Rusinova
  • Stepan Ryabchenko
  • Sourajata Kumar Saha
  • Avideh Salmanpour
  • Jared Schwartz
  • Hamed Shafie
  • Vsevolod Sharko
  • Olga Synooka
  • Ayshia Taskin
  • Kateryna Tkachenko
  • Dana Tomashevych
  • Claudia Ungersb瓣ck
  • Blaine A. White
  • Jeremy Wolf
  • Shulyatyeva Yuliya